Recipe of the Week: Frozen Pistachio Parfait
This recipe from Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine takes hardly any time to whip up, although it does need to be made a day ahead so it has time to freeze into a luscious, cool summertime dessert.
If you don’t mind a little more mixing in the kitchen, go ahead and make pistachio pudding from scratch for the filling. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just fulfilling your own sweet tooth, the extra effort will be appreciated.
1 cup reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
6 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
1 package (3 1/2 oz.) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 Tbsp. chopped pistachios
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 scoop unflavored whey protein powder
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Melt the coconut oil or butter, and mix in a small bowl with the crushed ’nilla wafers and a half-cup of chopped pistachios. Divide evenly among 8 glass jars, and press the crust mix firmly into the bottom.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it increases in volume, becoming light and fluffy. Add the pistachio pudding mix and milk (or substitute an equal amount of prepared pistachio pudding), the remaining chopped pistachios, and thawed frozen whipped topping. Mix all ingredients together with a heavy spoon until the filling is smooth.
3. Spoon the pistachio pudding mixture on top of the crust, adding an equal amount to each jar. Cover, and set in the freezer overnight, or a minimum of 5 hours.
4. Before serving, prepare fresh whipped cream for the topping. With a whisk or electric mixer, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, whey isolate, and vanilla extract. Continue whipping until enough air is incorporated for the whipped cream to form soft or stiff peaks.
5. Remove the jars from the freezer, and top with whipped cream. If desired, garnish with additional pistachio pieces. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Protein: 10 grams
Carbs: 30 grams
Fat: 30 grams
What You Get to Eat
Picture courtesy of My Baking Addiction
Want to know how to build muscle and lose fat eating delicious foods like these?
"Dieting" doesn't have to suck. You CAN eat foods you like and have the body you want!Click Here to Learn How
OVER 100,000 PEOPLE HAVE USED MY COOKBOOK TO GET THE BODY THEY WANT EATING THE FOODS THEY LOVE. WILL YOU BE NEXT?
What if I told you that just about everything magazines and trainers “teach” you about dieting is wrong?
What if you could build muscle and lose fat eating “naughty” foods every week?
What if you didn’t have to suffer through low-carb dieting to get lean? In fact, what if you could eat all the carbs you wanted?
And what if you didn’t have to gorge yourself just to gain muscle and didn’t have to put on pounds and pounds of ugly fat, either?
In short, what if I told you that proper dieting--whether you want to maximize fat loss or muscle growth--is much simpler and more enjoyable than you’ve been led to believe?
Imagine eating delicious, filling meals every day...never feeling starved or stuffed...having great energy levels and workouts...and watching your body respond exactly as you desire, dropping fat or adding muscle each and every week.
And imagine finally understanding how proper dieting really works, never again falling for the BS, tricks, and gimmicks pushed by “gurus” and other shysters.
Well, I have good news.
All these “fantasies” can be a reality...if you know how to do a handful of “little” things correctly.
You see, when you know how to diet properly--and this doesn’t mean learning to eat boiled chicken and raw broccoli six times per day--getting lean and muscular becomes simple, convenient, and dare I say...enjoyable.
And this book will show you the way.
If you enjoyed this article, get weekly updates. It's free.
Great! You're subscribed.100% Privacy. We don't rent or share our email lists.
You May Also Like
Our Most Popular Evidence-Based Articles
If you want big, strong, round delts that pop, you want to do these shoulder exercises and workouts.Read More
Learn exactly how much you should eat to lose fat, build muscle, or maintain your weight.Read More