Recipe of the Week: Curry Potatoes and Cauliflower
This delicious dish from my bestselling cookbook The Shredded Chef has a lot going for it:
- It’s easy and fast to make
- It tastes outstanding–the addition of curry really adds a nice touch
- It keeps well–you can make a large batch once per week and portion it out daily and reheat
- It’s packed full of a wide variety of vitamins and minerals
- It’s relatively low-calorie and extremely filling, thanks to the potato
Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Calories Per Serving
Protein Per Serving
Carbohydrates Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
1 cauliflower head (2 – 3 pounds), cut into florets
1 pound (around 3 medium) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons garam masala or curry powder
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups frozen peas
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and potatoes and cook for 4 – 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, coat a Dutch oven in cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook 2 – 3 minutes, or until the onions are softened. Add the garam masala and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add the cooked potatoes and cauliflower and stir well, coating in the onion mixture, add the vegetable broth and use it to deglaze (scrape the bottom of the Dutch oven and remove any stuck bits). Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the peas, mix well, and cover for another 5 – 7 minutes.
What You Get to Eat
What did you think of this week’s recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Want to know how to build muscle and lose fat eating delicious foods like these?
"Dieting" doesn't have to suck. You CAN eat foods you like and have the body you want!Click Here to Learn How
OVER 100,000 PEOPLE HAVE USED MY COOKBOOK TO GET THE BODY THEY WANT EATING THE FOODS THEY LOVE. WILL YOU BE NEXT?
What if I told you that just about everything magazines and trainers “teach” you about dieting is wrong?
What if you could build muscle and lose fat eating “naughty” foods every week?
What if you didn’t have to suffer through low-carb dieting to get lean? In fact, what if you could eat all the carbs you wanted?
And what if you didn’t have to gorge yourself just to gain muscle and didn’t have to put on pounds and pounds of ugly fat, either?
In short, what if I told you that proper dieting--whether you want to maximize fat loss or muscle growth--is much simpler and more enjoyable than you’ve been led to believe?
Imagine eating delicious, filling meals every day...never feeling starved or stuffed...having great energy levels and workouts...and watching your body respond exactly as you desire, dropping fat or adding muscle each and every week.
And imagine finally understanding how proper dieting really works, never again falling for the BS, tricks, and gimmicks pushed by “gurus” and other shysters.
Well, I have good news.
All these “fantasies” can be a reality...if you know how to do a handful of “little” things correctly.
You see, when you know how to diet properly--and this doesn’t mean learning to eat boiled chicken and raw broccoli six times per day--getting lean and muscular becomes simple, convenient, and dare I say...enjoyable.
And this book will show you the way.